date: [04 March 2008]
1. The information we gather and track
Information gathered on registration. When you register for the TREKCAFE Service, you provide your name, your email address, your gender, your date of birth, nationality, your location details and some optional details about yourself. They are available to you, and capable of being corrected or updated, through your TREKCAFE profile page
Members are send notifications related to the use of the TrekCafe service and conduct market research and marketing for TrekCafe's internal use only. You should also be aware that Members may reveal other personal information while communicating on other areas of the TrekCafe website, e.g., while participating in discussions on and/or posting information on . This information, in turn, might be viewed by other Members or visitors to the TrekCafe website who are not Members.
Finally, we also collect some information from Members, as well as from other visitors to the TrekCafe website, that is not personally identifiable, such as browser type and IP address. This information is gathered from all Members and visitors to the website.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with TrekCafe, you can contact us here at Contact@TrekCafe.com. You can also use this address if you wish to request from Trekcafe a copy of the personal data we hold about you or a description of that data.
2. Access to Personally Identifiable Information
The information we collect may be used:
- To provide our customer support service and to verify any claims or requests you make if you use our customer support service.
- To enforce our terms and conditions and prevent or detect hacking activities, security breaches or safety risks in connection with our websites.
- To process your payment for membership subscriptions or other goods or services ordered on our site or to fulfill such orders.
- To send service announcements and messages. For example, a reminder is sent to members if a subscription payment is due.
- To aggregate information to generate anonymous statistics regarding use of our websites. We may share this anonymous information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- For our own internal marketing and demographic studies and to help us improve our website.
- In the event of an actual or proposed (including as part of negotiations for any) merger, or business combination or sale of substantially all of our assets or a business operation to which such information relates or as provided under bankruptcy or applicable insolvency laws or by the enforcement of equitable rights.
you may always correct, update, delete or deactivate your Membership through the Member's account settings menu option found at the top of most pages when logged on to the TREKCAFE Service. Alternatively, you can email TREKCAFE Customer Support at the following email: or by mail to 3 Hovot
Information Sharing and use of
Any visitor to the TREKCAFE Service anywhere in the world can view your profile information and photos that you have uploaded to the TREKCAFE.com community. You can control what part of your profile information and photos is visible to visitors of the TREKCAFE.com website and which network of TREKCAFE.com members can see what information.
Your home and current location, in terms of your town / city, state / county and country, and any other location specific information you submit to the TREKCAFE Service must be considered at all times to be publicly available information, save where you specify (in the Privacy options that apply to your profile) that you wish your profile only to be viewable by either Members or friends.
Advertising. The TREKCAFE Service may include interactive advertising for other businesses. We may use, and provide to third parties, anonymous demographic data provided by Members to target this advertising more appropriately.
TREKCAFE companies and subsidiaries.
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with our
subsidiaries and other companies owned by us, but only for the purposes
described in this policy.
Changes in TREKCAFE's business. If all of the assets which TREKCAFE uses to operate its business (or substantially all of them) are acquired by a third party, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that party.
4. Sharing Information
The personal information of a Member contained in his or her profile will be shown to those people whom the Member chooses. Each Member has three options when choosing the level of sharing of his or her profile. They are:
· "Friends" which consists only of that Member's friends,
· "Friends of Friends" which consists of that Member's friends, as well as the extended group of people who are friends of that Member's friends, and
· "Anyone" which is all visitors to the TrekCafe website, whether or not they are TrekCafe members.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, REGARDLESS OF WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION A MEMBER CHOOSES TO INCLUDE IN HIS OR HER PROFILE, OR WHAT LEVEL OF SHARING HE OR SHE CHOOSES, CERTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT EACH MEMBER WILL BE INCLUDED IN THAT MEMBER'S PROFILE. A LIST OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN EACH PROFILE CAN BE FOUND IN THE TrekCafe .
Your name and profile picture thumbnail will be available in all search results across the TREKCAFE.com network and may be searchable through third party web-sites with which we partner (such as sites for which we provide a social network service) and third party search engines, and may be automatically notified to third party tracking websites/weblogs.
The fact that your TREKCAFE profile has been added or updated, as well as a short extract from the title page of your TREKCAFE profile, may be automatically notified to third party tracking websites/weblogs (thus increasing the traffic to the TREKCAFE Service, and potentially to your own TREKCAFE profile).
As part of the TREKCAFE Service, TREKCAFE sends Members newsletters and emails. You may also receive email notifications when you have new mail in your TREKCAFE inbox or when you have received a reply to your "Chatboard" topic.
Links to third party sites
Our site contains links to other sites. Trekcafe is not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of those web sites or services of other companies or organizations to which we link or which link to us or which provide goods or services to our users from their web sites (such as co-branded, white label or affiliate sites)
This website takes every precaution to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. To keep personal data safe members should take responsibility to log off or exit TrekCafe.com when not using it; and to keep his/her username and password secret
If a user chooses to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. TrekCafe will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. TrekCafe stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and to allow that person being referred to sign up using their email address and referral code to do so. The person being referred may contact TrekCafe to request the removal of this information from their database.
Disclosure for legal reasons
We reserve the right to release member's personal information to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, if they make a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.